Thursday, November 6, 2008

The First Post

I have decided to start this blog since we have so many family and friends that live far away and don't get to see Hannah and Liam grow and change on a regular basis. Most of you probably understand why I titled the blog Horses and Hot Wheels, but for those who may not I will explain.

Starting with Hannah, she loves horses, anything to do with horses, and anything with horses on it. We currently have three horses that are boarded at Rocking M Horse Farm about 30 minutes from our house. It is a recently built facility with an indoor riding area, and also has the best owner anyone could ask for, Steph. Steph is also Hannah's riding instructor. The first horse is Splash, which is Hannah's horse, she is a Halflinger, a small draft type horse. Then we have Sassy, which is mine, and she is a Quarter Horse. Then we have Shaikh, which is Billy's horse, he is an Arabian who likes to keep all his girlfriends corralled together in the pasture. Hannah takes riding lessons once a week during the school year and twice a week in the summer. Hannah rides English and is progressing beautifully in her lessons. She is currently learning to post on the right diagonal. Hannah is a different person when she is on her horse, it is great to see her so focused and relaxed. She is the happiest on her horse.

Then we have mister Liam, our chinese son who has grown 9 inches since we became a forever family in July 2006. You did not read that wrong, he has grown 9 inches in a little over 2 years. Liam loves anything with wheels on it, so I thought Hot Wheels kind of summed him up. He loves cars, trains, airplanes, monster trucks, semi's, tractors, motorcycles, I think you get the idea. He also loves to build with his Lincoln Logs and I bet you can't guess what he builds........garages for all his things with wheels, he also builds airplanes with his Lincoln Logs. I am constantly drug into his room to see the new plane he built. He isn't interested in the horses too much, he only likes going there to drive his cars in the arena. Now if someone could come up with a way to put wheels on a horse I think he may change his mind.

So the title explains my kids - Horses and Hot Wheels. Now that I have finished my first post, I need to figure out how to attach pictures :)

Heather

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for updating us on the Smith family! I'm sorry we live so far apart. Loved the Halloween costumes! Say hi to Hannah and Liam and Billy for me.
love,
Aunt Debbie